In earlier days there was only only one tv channel in India the "doordarshan" channel doordarshan was owned and operated by government of India. In those era every home which have a tv sat used to have its own antenna to capture the signal. The cable television ordinance law was passed in January 1995. this enabled cable operator to feed channel and later on private companies were allowed to air their own channel and this led to the explosive grown in number of tv channel and number of cable operator.
The growth of tv channel and cable operator created a big industry and market opportunities. Until few years back there were as many as 100000 cable operator across the India. In general, DTH service is the one in which a large number of channels are digitally compressed,encrypted and beamed from very high power satellites. The programmes can be directly received at homes. This mode of reception facilitates the use of small receive dish antennas of 60 to 90 cm diameter installed at convenient location in individual buildings without needing elaborate foundation /space etc.
Also, DTH transmission eliminates local cable operator completely, since an individual user is directly connected to the service providers. owever, a digital receiver is needed to receive the multiplexed signals and view them on a TV. DTH, in sharp contrast to Cable TV, lends itself to easy monitoring and control. India most renounced dth services is Dish tv, dd direct plus,tata sky,big tv, sun dth, airtel dth,videocon dth.
Top DTH Service Providers in India
With the advancement in technology; people will inclined towards more technological products and services. As a result dth in India has not become a brand but turns to as a part of a life. Today, this source of digital satellite has become a favorable means of entertainment. On rising demand of the same here we bring you with the list of top dth service providers in India.
- Airtel DTH: As we all know Airtel is one of the reliable telecom industry that not offers quality services but also bring the best to the customers in wide choice. Initial set top box costs Rs. 2219 with regional pack of Rs. 175. Basic price of Airtel DTH is Rs. 225. You can add addition channel as per the cost.
- Tata Sky DTH: Tata sky is another segment of dth in India offer best services to its subscribers where the initial cost is Rs. 1879 with HD pack of Rs. 100 and basic pack costs of Rs. 170 where ad-on channels can be add as per channel cost.
- Videocon DTH: Videocon DTH is one of the dth service providers with wide options where you can choose channels as per your needs. The initial cost is Rs. 1999 and regional pack starts from Rs. 165 and basic price costs Rs. 220.
- Dish TV : Dish TV is one of the affordable dth in India offer entertainment channels at cost of Rs. 1849 with the regional pack of Rs. 175 and basic pack is of Rs. 170 with the HD pack is Rs. 399. Here you will get charge less cost on add on channels.
- Big TV: Big TV is one of the high technological dth services in India with full pack of entertainment; being an expensive it commits to bring best services with wide range of offers and packages. Basic pack is Rs. 220 with an initial set top box is Rs. 2190 with regional pack is of Rs. 33.
Thus, with the rise in demand of dth in India the numbers of dth service providers are also raised. Airtel DTH and Tata Sky are amongst of high favorability and popularity but Reliance DTH and Dish TV are also not remained too far in grabbing the media and entertainment industry. Thus, go on explore the complete list of dth service providers in India before selecting your favorite one.